Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Reflection - An essence

Have you ever experienced a feeling of missing something but not sure of what it is? Well, until today, I don't think, this thought has ever crossed my mind.  But suddenly, approaching my last few days of MBA life, I have this feeling in me today. Ah, before you guys imagine something wild, I shall brief my point.

I was writing my final MBA report today and suddenly felt that, though the report appeared fine and focussed on the topic, but there was something missing in it. I read other reports, journals and books, but still couldn't figure out the solution to this puzzle.

Then, I realize! Many a times, we don't spend time on reviewing and analysing a work on its completion; may be reading, listening, cooking, writing, playing etc.. We merely follow our intuition or logic and structure to complete a work. Instead, we need to spend time on review and reflection. Throughout my MBA, there was a lot of importance given for reflection,  but I didn't realize then! Today, when I look back and analyse the missing part of the puzzle, I see, the role of reflection and criticism on original work.
Many of us would not like somebody else reviewing or critiquing our work. But sit back and think why! Answering this question of why, will solve many confusions.  We are afraid that somebody else will influence our work, criticize our work, dominate our work and what now!  However, what about the positive benefits of review? You will have diversified perspective and time to reflect and act on. These factors will facilitate you in your upcoming projects/work. By reflecting on one's own work, he/she will observe, act, question and correct his own work.

Therefore, give a thought for this idea of reflection as an essence in everyday's work and enjoy the benefit of change and reflection!

1 comment:

  1. I would take this post with a pinch of salt. For me, asking the question why can sometimes lead to 'dangerous' results :D

    ReplyDelete